Start Date: Late August
- Actively engage in wireless transmission network related tasks under the guidance of the principal/s, ensuring safe systems of work utilising existing tools, operating standards and work management/service management processes to deliver best of breed designs and solutions while minimising impacts to business continuity
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of design blueprints and standards for wireless transmission networks to maintain Performance, Availability, Security, Safety Critical Communications and OT Applications such as Fleet Management Systems (FMS), drilling operation and GPS corrections services.
- Maintain the end to end wireless design documents and blueprints and ensure that these documents are kept up to date and strictly followed
- Conduct and document detailed site survey reports to facilitate the constructions of low and high level designs
- Tertiary qualification in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) field applicable to Telecommunications, Computer Science OR IT/OT with at least 5 years professional work experience in a related field.
- Valid Australian C class driver’s license
- Trade certificate in various transmission and communications technologies, electronic communications / Network Technologies including wired and wireless / safety and critical communication systems
- ITIL or similar industry best practice tool certification, preferred but not essential
- IT network certifications (CCNA,CCNP,CCIE – or industry recognised equivalent)
- Open/unrestricted Cabling Licence
- Strong history with leading wireless vendor products and technologies (including Cisco, Motorola, Aruba, Cambium, Ruckus, Ubiquiti etc.)
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Solid knowledge in using industry standard network monitoring and management tools (Solarwinds, Splunk, Prime etc.) and develop monitoring tool requirements for new services, update or modify existing tools to accommodate newly added elements
- Familiarity to IP networks (Routing, Switching and Firewalls).
- Familiarity in hosting and infrastructure, virtualization experience using VMWare
If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact Will at firstname.lastname@example.org