Security Clearance: Nil ability to obtain a US Secret level clearance
The Role: As a Program Analyst you will be responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Program Planning Analyst/Scheduler to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Program Scheduling and Compliance Center of Excellence. This position is located in Landover, MD.
The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create valid and effective Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that incorporate all dependencies, aligns to resource availability, and identifies and aligns program milestones with contractual need dates.
- Establish ground rules and assumptions, and ensure compliance with applicable EVMS guidelines
- Identify & validate the critical path, run performance and health check metrics.
- Conduct trend analysis and report data, e.g. late start/finish, forecast dates impacts, manage program schedule margin, and changes to critical path(s)
- Monitor and develop work around utilizing schedule acceleration techniques to achieve additional margin, monitor & de-conflict internal and external influences to resources and the critical path
- Provide schedules visibility, reporting, and schedule analyses, performs risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Monitor the Program IMS to ensure the IPT Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) supports the Programs execution Plan & ensures cost/schedule integration.
- Works with the IPT Lead, functional managers and control account managers to identify internal and external dependencies, milestones and deliverables.
- Frequent use of industry scheduling best practices, and specific Scheduling Tool properties and functions
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years professional related experience -OR - a Master's degree with 1 year of professional related experience. Additional years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 1 year of project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tool.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Level Security Clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.