Salary: $85k - $95k per year + Super
Position: Data Centre Technician
A CPL/LDSM Electronics Technician/ Marine Technician / Avionics Technician
The position will be responsible for maintenance and monitoring of the Data Centre
About the Opportunity
- Data centre environment monitoring via Raritan including; rack level temperature & power; chillers, generators, switches, pumps, data centre power.
- Respond to data centre facilities incidents 24 x 7.
- Data centre asset management – maintain an accurate data centre rack and hardware list via Raritan dcTrack.
- Capacity planning - utilise Raritan dcTrack including physical space, power and network ports available in racks.
- Data centre patch management including providing support to the Customer.
- Data centre security management including providing site access to people on the approved access list.
- Data centre infrastructure maintenance – work with the Customer to confirm that maintenance contractors have performed scheduled maintenance.
- Contribute to data centre change management system inputs and action requests resulting from the change management system.
- Provide incident management for server hardware acting as the onsite physical resource for the networking and system administrators (no requirement to log onto servers).
- Provide clear communication to management and tower delivery teams on incidents.
- Perform data centre hardware installation, moves, adds and changes (IMAC).
- Co-ordinate 3rd party suppliers to meet project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Create and assist with the creation of service delivery/operational processes, procedures and reports.
- Deliver services to adhere to ITIL and define ITIL best practices that can be incorporated into the operational running of the data centres.
- Provide support to the Customer to assist with maintaining TIA-942 standards for the data centre.
- Keep current on best practice for data centre facility management.
- Meet CDCs service level agreements and assist the delivery team in meeting service level objectives.
- Act as the central point of coordination for all Data Centre related incidents.
- Provide hardware delivery assistance including recording assets details and informing sender of hardware arrival.
- Comply with CDC’s Policies and Procedures (including appropriate use of internet, probity and employment conditions).
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- ICT Experience
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Asset Management experience
What does CDC offer?