Start Date: August – September
Security Clearance: Top Secret Current
The Role: As a Cyber Threat Analyst you will be responsible for the research and analysis of information from a wide variety of sources and generate tailored, actionable mitigation strategies for emerging threats to Raytheon’s IT infrastructure. Proactively analyze and classify adversarial groups and attackers based on TTPs. Develop threat intelligence outputs: regular reports, ad hoc reports, and complete research requests from senior leadership. defense of critical IT infrastructure and software across a range of key branches.
Incident Response – Coordinate the investigation, containment, and recovery actions for Enterprise-level cyber security incidents by utilizing leading-edge network, system and analysis tools. Response actions will include providing situational awareness to appropriate personnel through clear and concise communications.
Developing skills in this growth industry will make you a high value target that will provide fast-tracked career progression and a high earning capacity.
The Ideal Candidate: We’re searching for tech savvy individuals that are keen to work in an exciting and dynamic environment. In addition, you will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Proactive nature
- An interest in cybersecurity and threats
- Analytical skills
Cyber Security Experience Required:
WithYouWithMe Cyber Security Analyst Course graduate.
- Veterans who have completed or are completing our Cyber Security Analyst Course
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain current knowledge of adversary tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs), intelligence reporting and Raytheon business strategy to enable the practical application of intelligence to information security.
- Support the team in conducting Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) analysis and investigation.
- Stay abreast of current vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
- Produce reports and briefs that will provide an accurate depiction of the current threat landscape and associated risk through the use of customer, community, and public sources.
- Analyze cyber threat reporting to assist in monitoring for, identifying, and investigating and deterring computer network intrusions.
- Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber security incidents affecting enterprise and subsidiary networks.
- Assist in the education of staff on cyber threats.
- Collaborate with other groups within IT Security and the business Units.
- Understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) type of activity and knowledge of attackers.
- Computer Incident handling/response experience.
- Experience with interpreting Reconnaissance, Delivery, and Exploitation attempt events in network logs and traffic.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and web technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and data communications schemes.
- Prefer familiarity with packet analysis to include:
- HTTP Headers & Status codes
- SMTP Traffic & Status codes
- FTP Traffic & Status Codes
- DNS Queries
- PKI Certificate Exchange
- Problem solving/critical thinking capabilities in complex environments.
- Self-driven and fully accountable for independent effort performed as part of a geographically dispersed virtual team supporting a high OPTEMPO mission.
- Proficiency in the use and production of visualization charts, link analysis diagrams, and database queries
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and willingness to share on-call responsibilities, work non-standard hours, and travel (up to 25%) when required.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Understanding of intelligence cycle, Cyber Kill Chain, and Diamond Model.
- Experience developing and implementing IDS / IPS signatures and URL / IP blocks
- Working knowledge of SIEM technology and tools
- One or more of the following industry certifications:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Network Forensics Analysts (GNFA)
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience in cyber and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree